Tuesday, 26 August 2014
The Emmy's are where TV and movie stars came out in their finery. On Monday, August 25 Seth Meyer's hosted the 66th Annual Emmy Awards. Here are our BEST & WORST dressed of the evening...
|Sarah Hyland in Christian Siriano|
|Kate Walsh in Stephane Rolland Haute Couture|
|Julianna Margulies in Narciso Rodriguez|
|Taylor Shilling in Zahair Murad|
|Julie Bowen in Peter Som|
Wednesday, 20 August 2014
On September 4, 2014, thousands of adventurous Calgarians will gather, dressed in their finest whites, in a secret location for Dîner en Blanc® (translation: ‘The White Dinner’), a ‘pop-up picnic’ of magnificent proportions.
Local hosts, Cory Edwards and Jason Gogo, are thrilled to also announce this year’s culinary partners. Long-time friends and colleagues Chef Michael Noble of the soon-to- open The Nash Restaurant & Off Cut Bar and NOtaBLE, The Restaurant and Chef Nicole Gomes of Nicole Gourmet will collaborate as culinary partners for Dîner en Blanc® Calgary.
They will provide an assortment of gourmet picnic meals which will be available for pre-order online by registered attendees in limited quantities. Guests are given the option of pre-ordering a picnic meal to be delivered on-site or bringing their own gourmet creations.
Dîner en Blanc is all at once a global phenomenon and grassroots showstopper. What began in Paris 26-years ago is now an international exposition of all things French joie de vivre, friendship, elegance and gallantry, held in major cities around the world, including Canadian cities: Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Montreal and Toronto.
So.....WHAT TO WEAR???
Here are two style suggestions: One for the ladies and one for the guys!
Key rules of the event
- Dîner en Blanc is unique due to its requirements. The seating layout on the public site is very specific and the site chosen is typically in one of the most beautiful parts of the city, where diners can “see and be seen.”
- To participate, guests must be invited by a member from the previous year or get on the official website’s waiting list.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions, as the event goes ahead rain or shine.
- Colour of attire and table setting: white only.
- Participants arrive and depart by chartered bus or organized public transit.
- Guests leave with their belongings, leftovers and litter, leaving the place as clean as it was when they arrived
Guests must bring
- A table, two (white) chairs.
- A picnic basket comprising quality menu items and a china dinner service including proper stemware and flatware.
- Wine or champagne* Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.*Must be purchased in advance online from Dîner en Blanc – Calgary website, as per AGLC rules.
- Participants must wear white and be dressed elegantly.
- Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.For full details on the rules and regulations, and to view photos or videos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit the official website http://dinerenblanc.info/. To keep up to date on event announcements, “Like” the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DinerEnBlanc.Calgary and follow on twitter @DinerEnBlancCG.
Tuesday, 19 August 2014
Monday, 11 August 2014
I am a bit obsessed with cutoff jeans shorts. I just want to wear them all summer. Here is an outfit with my cutoffs paired with an oversized plaid button up (both from Aritzia) and my fav Saint Laurent pumps.
|Top: Wilfred (Aritzia), Cutoffs: TNA (Aritzia), Belt: J. Crew, Shoes: Saint Laurent|
|Details: Bracelets - House of Harlow, J. Crew, Forever XXI, Tissot Watch|
Friday, 8 August 2014
My travels continue to Cartagena Colombia where we are staying in the beautiful Casa San Augustin boutique hotel in the historic old town. I had one of the best dinners of my life at Carmen a Colombia Asian fusion restaurant in the walled city with a beautiful outdoor dinning space. You have to try the Pork Bahn Mi (Vietnamese style pork belly buns)
This is what I wore:
Wednesday, 6 August 2014
For some reason lately I am gravitating to full on comfy clothes! Therefore my bf jeans have really come in handy. I definitely don't want to look lazy so the trick is to pair them with heels. This is a must in my option.
|Jeans: J. Crew, Shoes: Saint Laurent, Linen T: J Crew, Necklaces: Gift from B from Hawaii, Shades: Ray Bans|
Monday, 4 August 2014
Friday, 1 August 2014
Got to love that 'off duty model look' and Miranda Kerr does it so well. Here she is wearing a major S/S 2014 trend; High waist denim.
|Jeans: Balenciaga, Boots: Chloe, Bag: Hermes, Bra: Eberjay, Chain: H&M|
I bought a pair of J. Crew Lookout high waist jeans the other day and loved the way the fit and the silhouette they create.
|Jeans: J. Crew Lookout, Top: Wilfred, Shoes: Saint Laurent|