Saturday 13 April 2013

West Coast Island Style

West Coast Island Style

I was lucky enough this weekend to steal away from Calgary and visit my mom on Salt Spring Island, BC. I grew up as an island girl and would like to believe that I have taken some of that easy going attitude towards dressing with me when I moved away. On Salt Spring Island almost anything goes but if you look closely you will notice that there is an undercurrent of consistency that differentiates a local such as; organic and natural fibres, colour and texture, layering with lots of scarves, and backpacks. 

Although I love to dress up, I also love the west coast and the relaxed style of dressing that is a signature. Below are some of the many west coast and Canadian brands that offer a ton of fashionable yet comfortable options; Mackage, Aritzia, Holt Renfrew and Silver Icing



~Phaedra

No comments:

Post a Comment