Wednesday 7 May 2014

MET Gala 2014: Best & Worst Dressed

I love this event! The stars come out to play...some get it right and some get it terribly wrong. 
This year's theme of White Tie and Decorations is in tribute to Charles James, an Anglo-American designer often described as the first US couturier.

Here are my favs and those left to be desired.

BEST DRESSED

Karlie Kloss in Oscar de la Renta
Classic and completely appropriate!
Rihanna in Stella McCartney
Crop top from the front, sexy elegance from the back...with the signature Rih Rih allure.

Jessica Pare in Michael Kors
Black and white done right!

Suki Waterhouse in Burberry
This is pretty but done with a bit of an edge. I love the red lipstick to finish the look.
Honourable Mention (just maybe not for the MET Ball) Dree Hemingway in Unknown
I love the throwback to the 40s + the white pumps.
BIGGEST TREND
Crop Tops




QUESTIONABLY DRESSED


Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen: Although I love these two and usually their style, I feel like they look like teachers from a 1900's boarding school who would slap my twists for speaking out of turn #frightning

Lupita Nyong'o: Again, I normally love her fashion choices but this one looks like it belongs at Carnival in Barbados. Just saying.

Shailene Woodley: I'm not buying her as the next it girl for romantic teen/early adult movies and I'm NOT buying this dress on her or anyone else. 

Sandra Lee: W.T.F? Cinderella?

Johnny Depp and his arm candy: As Lainey Gossip so poignantly put it...he looks like Mister Peanut! Hahaha...see below.

Let me know your fav's or fashion tragedies from the MET Ball...or if you have any comments on mine, please share!

~ XO, Phaedra

No comments:

Post a Comment